How to write the literature review
To write the literature review, follow these steps:
- Analyze the topic - What exactly are you being asked to do?
- Locate appropriate published research on the topic - Be careful about using material you find on the Internet
- Read and understand the research you have located
- Summarize the research
- Analyze the research
- What methods have been used?
- What findings have been reported?
- What common strands are there?
- What differences are there?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the research?
- How convincing is the research?
- What further research may be needed?
- Decide on an organization for your analysis. For example:
- General to specific
- Chronological (oldest to most recent)
- Write your first draft