|Type of Source
*often called tertiary source
- offers a summary or review of a subject
How will a reference source help me in starting my research?
- Get an overview of the broader topic
- Identify sub-topics for narrowing a topic
- Highlight key terms (people, places, events, dates) - these can be used for more focused research
- References and citations that follow a reference source offer an early idea of source availability for a topic
Where can I find good reference sources?
The Librarians recommend these databases to start your research.